SQL Server Database Administrator - DenmarkDenmark Consulting
SQL Server Database Administrator - Denmark/Norway/Sweden/Finland
We have received instructions from one of the world's most innovative Consultancies for a SQLServer DBA. This exciting and challenging project is allowing for remote work, however will require onsite travel to client location of either Denmark, Norway, Sweden or Finland. This will also be an initial contract of 6 months and will provied lots of job continuity and lots of job satisfaction.
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Analyze the existing landscape, regular processes, identify the areas of improvements and implement those.
- Analyze system's health and performance and implement the improvements
- Implement improvements in existing DB maintenance activities like archival process
- Client has also given a real time business case about Archival activity.
- The data archival activity which involves
- copying the data (older than 1 year) from Production database to Archive database
- Delete this data from Production database
- The maintenance activity is currently being performed with a downtime of few hours in the non-peak hours. Client want to perform this entire maintenance activity without any downtime.
- Out of the two activities, activity 1 can be performed online (without downtime) but activity 2 needs to be explored with no downtime options.
- One reason to go with downtime could be since insertion and deletion at the same time can cause the lock situation in DB.
- Analyse DB and application maintenance jobs and implement performance improvements.
- Utilise the experience in partitioning of big tables and strategies for pre-work done before one can even partition a table with a lot of relational dependencies.
- Experience in creating and maintaining backup/recovery strategy and DR/HA setup, Data Migration, Server Migration, Database Security, Capacity planning, Partitioning, table/index creation, writing Procedures, Views & Triggers.
This is a critical position, interviews are taking place this week so spit-spot and contact me if you would like to be submitted or even a for a confidential chat.
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.