Data / Software Engineer - Big DataAmsterdam, North Holland Consulting
Empiric are currently looking for Big Data / Software Engineers for a long-term freelance project working with one of our Dutch market-leading clients.
This role will initially be a contract duration of 3 months (however is extendable long-term). It will be a remote working assignment with occasional onsite visits to the clients' offices in Amsterdam.
Data/Software Engineer - Big Data
Duties include collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of large amounts of. Tasks will include integrating, configuring, maintaining, implementing, and monitoring big data components such as, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, MongoDB, NiFi etc. You will join the team in designing scalable and future-proof systems, working with large sets of structured and unstructured data. Working closely with the business to provide end-to-end build data solutions.
- Minimum 3 years experience Big Data Engineering required
- Good experience working with Hadoop ecosystem- Apache Spark & Kafka
- Proven experience with Big Data processing, transformation and storage;
- Proven experience with storage solutions like MongoDB/DeltaLake/Hive/Parquet; including knowledge about data modelling for columnar storage;- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources;
- Hands-on development experience, preferably in a Scrum/Agile setting, and CI/CD
- Programming experience with Scala
- Experience with SQL
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with K8s
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Spotfire
- Ability to consult and advise a team
- Good communication
- Fast learner
If you would like to apply for this opportunity working for on a long-term, remote project working for a market-leading client, please apply via this jobboard.
Also feel free to get in touch with me directly at email@example.com or +44 (0) 203 8545141
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.