Sybase DBAOslo Consulting
Duration: 12 months
Location: Oslo, Norway
Start date: Immediate/1 month's notice
Great opportunity for a Sybase DBA to join a global company based in Oslo Norway for a long-term project.
- Install and configure Sybase databases ASE/IQ
- Perform regular database maintenance tasks such as rebuilding indexes, Fix Fragmentation, performing upgrades and regulating storage management
- Manage database availability, backup/restoration and recovery systems
- Monitor database system resources and performance
- Design high availability architecture and handle disaster recovery planning
- Initiate and lead project deliverables; drive a high sense of urgency for risk reduction
- Set the technical direction through the definition and implementation of standards, technical roadmaps, processes and control documents
- Develop strategic and tactical solutions for the team
- Testing patch releases/DB upgrades and documenting for production release
- Nimsoft/Control Centre knowledge preferred
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.