Elastic Security EngineerGlasgow Consulting
Empiric are working as part of a Managed Service on a programme of work and require an exceptional Elastic certified engineer as the organisation completes the migration and deployment to a new Security infrastructure
- Manage the delivery of security software, infrastructure, services and capability with knowledge of multiple deployment and release methods, agile development practices, automated builds, code quality metrics etc.
- Administer, develop and support all aspects of the security cloud environment including administration, upgrade and patching of the instances, nodes, clusters, data and logging infrastructure.
- Develop and project manage migration of existing capabilities to improved capabilities for SIEM, machine learning, log parsing, log shipping for upgrade and continual development of the security platform.
- Develop and own the ingest of logs and analytics into the system to support key security, management information and business information use cases.
- Experience as an infrastructure engineer, software developer, system Security Engineer or cyber Security Engineer
- Experience of developing data analytics for a range of security use cases
- Experience of cloud enterprise scale clustering on virtual or physical infrastructure.
- Broad ICT/Cyber Security knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of scripting languages like python, powershell or ruby.
- Previous experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Project management and project delivery.
- Demonstratable experience of designing, delivering and supporting infrastructure, cyber security tooling and capabilities in a lead role.
- Certification of administration of a cloud enterprise clustering environment.
- An understanding of developing/ configuring SIEM applications
Candidates must hold active SC clearance
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.