Front End Developer - Contract - Outside IR35Manchester, Greater Manchester Consulting
Front End Developer's required by a market leading software house to join one of their high profile projects.
- Understanding and implementing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality, secure code.
- Debugging internally and externally reported issues, and endeavour to maintain optimal performance of applications at all times.
- Working within the agile team and participating fully in all team meetings, sharing knowledge with the team and wider department
- Taking both individual and collective responsibility for the successful operation of the applications delivered.
- Participating in peer code reviews, both as reviewer and reviewee
- Ensuring that the User Interface Experience on all the company's Web and Mobile applications are exceptional.
- Experience with responsive designs and single page apps, shopping cart and search.
- Package Management and use of NPM, Yarn.
- Strong best practice knowledge for user interfaces.
- Integrating with REST APIs.
- Understanding of cross browser compatibility requirements and building responsive web applications.
- Secure development practices and understanding of key security considerations when developing web-based applications.
- Writing automated unit and functional tests using testing frameworks, preferably Jest and Enzyme.
- Solid understanding of source control systems such as Git
- JS experience.
- Experience with other languages, such as NodeJS, C++, Python, and/or Go.
- Mobile application development using frameworks such as React Native.
- General Linux usage, preferably CentOS/RHEL.
- Familiarity with ticket tracking systems and build tools, such as Atlassian Jira and Bamboo.
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.