NodeJS developerEdinburgh Permanent
65,000 £ annum
Working with an exciting start up with their headquarters in Edinburgh and a growing presence in the US. A brilliant time to join the company if you are after a dynamic, challenging workplace environment and you want to be a part of a growing team with strong values.
About the Job
Our Engineering Team iterate on the product over 2 week Sprint cycles where we form Squads around each Sprint Goal. You may regularly lead a Squad. We work collaboratively and evolve as we learn and experiment as a team. Every team member inputs ideas on how we can improve our systems and processes.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Iterate on our products to meet the evolving needs of our customers
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant software
- Ensure code is testable, maintainable and reliable
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Increase the shared knowledge of codebases and reduce knowledge silos
- Learn from and mentor other members of the team
- Contribute regularly towards code reviews
- Strong proficiency with Node.js, its ecosystem and ES6
- Understanding the nature of functional and asynchronous programming
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Appreciation for Active Record, Data Mapping and Event Sourcing
- Experience developing framework-agnostic services
Empiric Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.