Senior Java developerGlasgow Permanent
50,000 £ annum
Working with an exceptional client to recruit for a Senior Java developer based in Glasgow. Looking for an knowledgeable individual who excels in applying their expertise to a range of activities and has a great array of experience in using high-level languages (such as Java), database design techniques and developing a variety of software including client UI. Competitive salary, benefits package and great progression opportunities on offer for the right candidate!
- Lead technical discussions and workshops on customer requirements and propose appropriate solutions.
- Designing and implementing bespoke software for customers and products
- Applying a range of development methodologies, create technical designs, implement, and test
- Test against test criteria by creating and executing manual test plans and by writing automated unit tests
- Provide ongoing support as issues: clearly identify issues, ascertain importance and priority, then provide troubleshooting and testing (may be remote or on-site) and/or escalate if necessary, providing a clear and thorough description of the issue to the relevant colleague.
- Experience in writing design documentation, method statements and user guides essential
- Experience in creating clearly documented analysis, design and test specifications essential
- Knowledge of recognized development-related standards (e.g. Web Services)
- Development lifecycle experience - from problem statement through to release
- Understanding of common systems architectures
Unfortunately this client is unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Empiric Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.