Java Developer- MicroservicesPermanent
My Leading software client based in Glasgow is seeking a Java developer to work on their new cutting edge project.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Degree holder in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Experience in designing and developing complex, mission critical applications
- Experience in any modern object-oriented language is required – this does not have to be Java. Knowledge of C++, C#, Go or Smalltalk would be entirely appropriate.
- Experience of data-centric applications using any modern relational data platform (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres or similar)
- Strong design and coding experience with proven ability to deliver solutions – this is a hands on coding role and the role holder will spend most time writing code
- Experience of microservice architectures and cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of market data platforms (preferred not essential)
- Service development using (ideally) REST
- Experience with messaging systems such as Rabbit or IBM MQ
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of Git, Maven and Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with Cucumber, Fitnesse
- Strong communication skill