Cloud Solutions ArchitectHorsham, West Sussex Permanent
90,000 £ annum
Cloud Solutions Architect
Not a Consultancy
My client an end client is looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect to join the Cloud Centre of Excellence team, to join a large-scale digital transformation. The team owns over the overall cloud strategy, facilitate adoption of the technology, help migrate workloads, optimize and support all the organizations' applications journey into the cloud.
You will define and maintain the cloud strategy and be a key sponsor of its adoption process, and Lead and drive outcomes across the cloud programme and its stakeholders.
Evaluate cloud service offerings at a regular basis and identify top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs. Provide cloud services and expertise across business, application, architecture, operations and infrastructure teams, both locally and at group level.
Provide technical expertise to facilitate the commissioning of new cloud-native solutions. Enable the smooth on-boarding and/or migration of existing workloads into the cloud. Develop and maintain cloud reference architectures, patterns, standards, policies and principles.
Collaborate with the cloud design authority to augment cloud landing zone capabilities through the establishment of cloud standards and recommendations, with the aim of delivering direct value to teams consuming cloud across the organisation. Act as a cloud and technology evangelist, building an up-to-date understanding of the cloud technology base and building and/or reinforcing cloud communities of practice across the group.
You will support the Group Cloud Transformation Director and the Group Chief Technology Officer senior leadership team in defining strategies as well as creating and presenting communication material to various executive forums, steering committees and internal/external stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of AWS cloud computing technologies and service offering trends.
- In-depth experience in architecting large-scale AWS cloud solutions and enterprise platforms.
- Have demonstrable experience of building cloud reference architectures, patterns, standards, policies and principles.
- Knowledge of a broad range of technologies and pragmatic architectural approaches.
- Deep understanding of the implication of architectural decisions on systems performance, cost, scalability and extensibility of their design.
- Thorough understanding of key foundational technologies in the areas of networking, security, infrastructure management, storage and virtualisation.
- Ability to deliver API, Big Data, Cloud and DevOps driven architectures across a broad range of domains.
Empiric Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.