Care and Compliance Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 (or equivalent day rate)
Start date: 1st June 2018 (12 month fixed term contract)
We are after someone who has an eye for detail, organised and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
The purpose of this role is to manage the smooth and seamless running of the care and compliance team. Quality candidate experience, speedy delivery, excellent service and relationships with our clients and place workers are core to our success at Empiric and as the compliance manager you will have a key role in managing and exceeding objectives of PES process.
Empiric is a multi-award winning business and one of the fastest growing agencies within the technology sector and the Care and Compliance Manager will play a key role in supporting our future success.
Interested in the role? Send in your CV
What we offer you
- Good benefits
- Support from senior management
- Fun and inclusive working environment
- Act the as the point of contact for various stakeholders of the business in respect to contract and compliance
- Understand Empiric’s terms in detail and be able to train and advise colleagues on their application
- Read, assess and advise on client terms of business, assisting consultants with negotiations where required
- Ensure the business is completely protected from legal and commercial risk and where required escalate any legal, commercial and operation risks to the company
- Ensure that detailed client terms summary notes are captured for consultants to refer back to and ensure (via regular audits) that all business is conducted in line with those agreed terms & SLAs
- Assist with audit processes at clients’ request, ensuring satisfactory results
- In conjunction with the finance team, ensure that all bookings and placements made by the business are compliant, for example with regard to business margin, contractual documentation and worker employment status
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current recruitment (and employment) legislation and be able to advise the business on forthcoming legislative changes (UK and international)
- Assess and ensure company-wide compliance with relevant legislation
- Advise the Directors on any cultural or operational changes required to ensure compliance with new legislation and drive agreed initiatives through to completion
- Deliver ad hoc training to the business on relevant legislation
- Oversee and manage all pre-engagement / on boarding screenings of all new contract placements undertaken by the team and ensure such screenings are completed in accordance with client requirements and deadlines
- Provide line management and support to the team members on a daily basis ensuring quarterly KPIs are met
- Produce company reporting in accordance with set deadlines
- Oversee and manage central inbox, trackers and systems making sure all tasks are allocated fairly and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Address all contractual and account queries as they arise and ensure they are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Prior experience in contract and compliance management within recruitment (preferably in addition to international recruitment).
- Diligent, organised individual, deadline driven, process driven, proven experience in working collaboratively with the sales team.
- Be confident in communication and negotiation skills.
Created in 2005, we are a rapidly expanding specialist recruitment agency with offices in London, Cambridge, Glasgow and New York. Our goal is to be a £100m operation by 2020 and we are on track to hitting this goal. We are leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion within the recruitment and technology sector.
- 4 consecutive years of being in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies To Work For
- APSCo award for Diversity & Inclusion Winner
- Consecutive years as Sunday Times Fast Track 100 UK companies for growth (3rd Fastest Growing Company)
- Top 100 ranking on the Sunday Times International Track 200 which features Britain’s private companies with the fastest growth in international sales.
To apply for this role please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please call 0203 675 7777.