We hosted a series of activities that aimed to increase our awareness and understanding for the experiences and perspectives of LGBTQ+ (persons, people or community). Some of these activities included “The Great Queer Quiz” and “Let’s Talk About It” Conversation Forums hosting by our LGBT+ colleagues.
We welcomed Oscar Hoyle (They/Them), the CEO of Blossom LGBT CIC, to join us for a series of video interviews where they shared their knowledge and expertise on LGBTQ+ diversity and inclusion in the workplace. They answered questions such as:
- What sets some companies apart from others when it comes to LGBTQ+ inclusion?
- What benefits are there to businesses who prioritise LGBTQ+ inclusion in their day-to-day work?
- How can SMEs engage with LGBTQ+ inclusion work?
- Why do senior leaders need to be involved in LGBTQ+ inclusion initiatives?
- How can we create and embed an LGBTQ+ inclusive culture in our organisation?
You can watch the interviews below.
Thanks to Oscar for their time and expertise!
Over the month, some of our colleagues fundraised for Mosaic LGBT+ Young Persons’ Trust, a charity that supports, educates, and inspires LGBTQ+ young persons from the ages of 12 to 20, with Empiric’s founder matching all donations.
Until next year... Happy Pride Month everyone! 🌈