SuccessFactors is the leading cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solution that helps organisations of all sizes and industries to attract, develop, and retain top talent. With more than 7,000 customers in over 200 countries and territories, it's helping to shape the future of HR and people management
As we enter 2024, it remains a candidate-driven market with huge potential. That means high demand, high salaries, and high competition for SAP SuccessFactors professionals.
There are many different modules that make up the platform – but the most commonly recruited for are Employee Central (EC), Recruiting (REC), Onboarding (ONB), Performance and Goal Management (PMGM) and Learning Management Solution (LMS).
The most common questions we get from candidates who are interested in SAP SuccessFactors are: How do I choose the best career path for myself as a SAP SuccessFactors professional? Should I work as a consultant or as an in-house employee? What are the pros and cons of each option? And how can I find the best role for my skills and goals?
For this blog I will share with you my insights and advice on how to choose your SAP SuccessFactors career path in 2024 and how Empiric can help you find the best opportunities and land your perfect position.
Consultancy vs In-House: How to Choose Your Path
Both options offer different benefits and drawbacks, and the best option for you depends on several factors. When engaging with candidates, I follow a model based on different aspects of their work life to help find the best fit.
Career goals and aspirations:
- Are you interested in developing expertise specific industry or domain, or are you keen to gain exposure to different sectors and challenges?
- Are you looking to advance within a single organisation, or are you aiming to expand your network and reputation across multiple clients?
Personal preferences and lifestyle:
- Are you looking for a consistent and long-term work arrangement, or are you open to flexible and short-term work opportunities?
- Are you more comfortable working in a familiar and collaborative environment, or are you more productive working independently and remotely?
- Do you like travelling frequently, or would you rather have a fixed office location?
Skills and competencies:
- How confident are you in your knowledge and experience to implement and configure SAP SuccessFactors solutions for different scenarios and requirements e.g. performance management or talent acquisition?
- How well do you communicate and interact with various stakeholders and users?
- What motivates you to constantly learn new technologies and best practices? How quickly and effectively do you learn new technologies and best practices?
Consultancy vs In-House: a Side-by-Side Comparison
Following a conversation using the questions above, we’ll leverage our expertise to assess your skills, experience and preferences to help find the best role for you. Our network and connections provide inside perspectives on the pros and cons of various roles, so you can make the right choice with confidence.
From my experience working on roles from both sides, I’ve lined up some of my take on in-house vs Consultancy, below:
Your 2024 SAP SuccessFactors Career
Our clients this year are telling us they are adding staff and growing teams - bigger companies are expanding their divisions and hiring more talent.
We’ve got live jobs across both in-house and consultancy – so weigh up your situation. Whether you’re looking for a new challenge or a change of scenery, we can help you find the best fit for your skills and goals. Currently, we are looking for a Functional Administrator, a HRIS Specialist, a System Specialist, and a SuccessFactors Consultant, as well as plenty more roles across the ecosystem which you can find on our SAP page.
With huge demand forecasted in 2024, SAP SuccessFactors offers exciting potential for consultants and in-house talent alike.
Learn more about Empiric's SuccessFactors capabilities on our dedicated SAP SuccessFactors page and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter below. Also, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn – I’m always keen to speak, connect and help professionals land their perfect SAP SuccessFactors position.