Next Tech Insider: Gender Diversity in Tech
How we can boost gender diversity in the tech industry and sustainably develop the talent pipeline by encouraging more girls and women to consider a career in tech?
Shivvy Jervis, tech influencer speaks to Steve Brown from Empiric and Ellie Mosley from Atos around gender diversity in tech and how to encourage new female talent to start a career in tech.
What can be done to improve gender diversity within the tech industry? The lack of gender diversity has been high up on tech companies agendas for many years but has it made a difference to the gender split within the tech industry?
The main points covered in this video include:
- An example of first-hand experience in witnessing imbalance in female representation in workshops and committees
- How smaller initiatives to get more women in tech could make a bigger impact
- A discussion around the moment and place where that first spark or catalyst to envision a career in tech can happen and why nowadays tech isn’t the clearest career path
- Ellie’s personal story on how she started in the tech industry and why this moment doesn’t always happen like an epiphany
- Who needs to play a bigger role when it comes to encouraging and supporting young women as well as providing the necessary skills and career path.
Empiric is a multi-award winning business and one of the fastest growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals.
Read more (pdf download)
Empiric are committed to changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the technology sector. In addition to Next Tech Girls we proactively target skilled professionals from minority groups which in turn can help you meet your own diversity commitments. Our active investment within the tech community allows us to engage with specific talent pools and deliver a short list of relevant and diverse candidates.
For more information contact 02036757777